Topics

moderated Times on Messages

Sharon Villines

I just noticed that the time on messages doesn’t stay. It appears on the day the message is sent but then only the day stays.

The time is necessary to reconstruct events. The order of messages is there but need to know (sometimes) if the response came in one hour or 12 hours.

I just spent a couple of hours reconstructing a timeline for 3 days of messages on 2 lists and real time events. I had to use my copies of the messages because those had the times recorded.

Please fix — or tell me if this is caused by my settings.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
TakomaDC@Groups.io

Hover over the date and you'll see the time.

Allen Buchinski

Useful, but inefficient if you’re looking at several messages. It’s a hack, but I have a bookmark that displays the date and time for all messages on screen:

javascript:$(‘span[title]').each(function(){this.innerHTML = this.title;});

Allen

On Jun 4, 2018, at 8:05 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Hover over the date and you'll see the time.

Arno Martens

Hover over the date and you'll see the time.
Not on yours.
Arno

Jeremy H

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 08:05 am, J_Catlady wrote:
Hover over the date and you'll see the time.

I find I will see a date and time popup if I hover over just the right point (and only that point) on the date - not at all easy to get right, I don't always manage it.

My thought is - ideally - there should be a full date & time stamp, with time zone, visible against every message. (Incidently, the pop on your message says '4:05pm', on quoting, it gives '8:05am' - which I'm sure are actually the same time allowing for zone difference (and whether either is when you thought you were writing it is another question))

Jeremy
.

Arno Martens

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 04:04 pm, Jeremy H wrote:
I find I will see a date and time popup if I hover over just the right point
I get the posts as a digest. When I look at them in the morning I cannot find the time at all.

My thought is - ideally - there should be a full date & time stamp, with time
zone, visible against every message.
Yes, but please without the archaic AM and PM. Make it the 24 hour clock with +/- UTC hours.
Arno

Robert Schechter

Yes, with the date in the format:
Four digit year, month and day with slashes YYYY "/" mm "/" dd
--------------------

On Jun 4, 2018, at 11:05 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

Hover over the date and you'll see the time.
Not on older messages.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"We're only the light bulbs, and our job is just to remain screwed in.” Bishop Desmond Tutu

Duane

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 01:23 pm, Sharon Villines wrote:
Not on older messages.
I see a date and time when I hover on any message in a group, old or new.

Duane