Topics

locked Calendar

Maria

I wanted to see if the calendar can be further enhanced on the new desktop and mobile version. Maybe others have ideas.

Here areĀ  a few of mine:

1) can an event that repeats monthly be scheduled for the first/second/third/last day within a month? Like the first friday of every month... for example.

2) Can the layout of the calendar be enlarged so it doesn't look squished/cramped on desktop?

3) Can we see the title of each event on a day when there is more than one? Instead of having to click in to get the info

4) when we click on an event can it show the event consolidated (not sure how to describe) but basically, right now it opens up to a page that looks identical to when you create the event and I'd rather I can view it or edit it but not both at the same time. Would rather the event info be more condensed so it looks like a listing rather than a page I can enter info in to.

5) I know this is on the roadmap - but i'll throw it in here as part of the wishlist- can there be an RSVP to the event or to the event when it's sent as an invite?

6) Can events be added to ical/google calendar etc? with a click? Maybe that's already doable.

The calendar is something we plan to use a lot so the more user friendly and visually attractive it is the better.

Thank you!

Maria

Duane

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:25 pm, HR Tech wrote:

1) can an event that repeats monthly be scheduled for the
first/second/third/last day within a month? Like the first friday of every
month... for example.
When you set up an event that repeats, you have the options of making it a certain day - 1st, 2nd, etc. - or day of the week (Mon, Tues, etc.) based on the first occurrence. If you set one on July 1st and selected Monthly, Day of Week, it should show up on the first Friday of each month. There may be a snag though. If I set one for July 30, repeat, monthly, day of week, it will schedule it for the 5th Saturday of each month. Not sure how it would handle it if there weren't a fifth Saturday. If you always kept it within the first 28 days, you'd be okay.

2) Can the layout of the calendar be enlarged so it doesn't look
squished/cramped on desktop?
I've gone back and forth on how that looks to me. I like having it smaller, but it does look a bit squished.

6) Can events be added to ical/google calendar etc? with a click? Maybe that's
already doable.
If you send out an Invite email for the event, it should have a calendar file attached that can be used.

Duane

Maria

Thank you Duane!

I'm not seeing a super easy way to select first ____ of each month (etc).

I wish it would actually allow you to set it up with that kind of setting without guess work. Like the Y! one does.

Yeah - i think the layout needs some work, and maybe it's not a size issue, as much as the overall design...?

Thanks for letting me know about the calendar file attached to event announcements.

Maria

Duane

The choice is automatically selected based on the date you click to create the event, once you select Day of Week. If you clicked July 1 to create it, it would be based on the first Monday. July 7 would be based on the first Thursday. July 13 would be second Wednesday.

Duane