Topics

locked Files - search


Frances
 

Hi Mark,

The search function does not work in Files. Can’t retrieve names of files. 

This is the link I get from my searches:
and

But no content in the pages.

Using Safari 8.0.2

Frances



 

Hi Frances,

Good catch. There were a couple bugs involved there, and they've been fixed. Please let me know if you see any other problems.

Thanks,
Mark

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Frances <travel@...> wrote:
Hi Mark,

The search function does not work in Files. Can’t retrieve names of files. 

This is the link I get from my searches:
and

But no content in the pages.

Using Safari 8.0.2

Frances




Duane
 
Edited

I think I just found one. When there are more than 20 files, main or folder, I can't find a way to see the rest. I can invert the list and see the last 20, but it would be a real problem with more than 40.

Also noticed that if I accidentally try to upload a file with the same name, it acts like it's uploading, but the old one is still there and no error message.


Duane



 

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:36 pm, Duane txpigeon@... wrote:

I think I just found one. When there are more than 20 files, main or folder, I can't find a way to see the rest. I can invert the list and see the last 20, but it would be a real problem with more than 40.

Oops! Fixed.

Also noticed that if I accidentally try to upload a file with the same name, it acts like it's uploading, but the old one is still there and no error message.

There definitely should be an error message there. It's not a quick fix, so I'll add it to the todo list.

Thanks, Mark


Duane
 

Still a couple of glitches. Search doesn't seem to work in a folder, it apparently searches in the main level, though this might be by design. I got some strange results when I was in a Folder.

The fix for multiple pages works fine at the main level, but doesn't work in a folder. The multipage buttons are at the bottom of the folder, but clicking on any of them takes me to the main level. By altering the URL to include the folder name, it works.

Is there a way to show folders at the top? I think a lot of us are used to this layout and I'd prefer it for the default view.

Last night I uploaded an 11 MB file. When it finished, it dumped me to a editfile# page (sorry, I didn't note the exact wording) with Hello on it. I said a few choice words, then realized it actually uploaded. This morning I uploaded the same file to another group and it went back to the Files page properly when finished.

On the error message for duplicate uploading, it would be nice if it checked the name before uploading the file.

Thanks,
Duane


 

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:38 am, Duane txpigeon@... wrote:

Still a couple of glitches. Search doesn't seem to work in a folder, it apparently searches in the main level, though this might be by design. I got some strange results when I was in a Folder.

Search is currently designed just to search over all the files and directories. Can you give me some more information on what was strange about the results?

The fix for multiple pages works fine at the main level, but doesn't work in a folder. The multipage buttons are at the bottom of the folder, but clicking on any of them takes me to the main level. By altering the URL to include the folder name, it works.

Doh. Fixed.

Is there a way to show folders at the top? I think a lot of us are used to this layout and I'd prefer it for the default view.

Just made it the default now.

Last night I uploaded an 11 MB file. When it finished, it dumped me to a editfile# page (sorry, I didn't note the exact wording) with Hello on it. I said a few choice words, then realized it actually uploaded. This morning I uploaded the same file to another group and it went back to the Files page properly when finished.

Hmmm. Maybe you got caught as I was updating the site? Please let me know if you see the error again.

On the error message for duplicate uploading, it would be nice if it checked the name before uploading the file.

Not sure that's possible. But I will investigate.

Thanks, Mark


Duane
 

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:55 pm, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:38 am, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

Still a couple of glitches. Search doesn't seem to work in a folder, it apparently searches in the main level, though this might be by design. I got some strange results when I was in a Folder.
Search is currently designed just to search over all the files and directories. Can you give me some more information on what was strange about the results?
Turns out that the strangeness was on my end. Some of the pdfs were images and some searchable. Obviously it didn't find the words in the image type files. Apologies. Complete search is probably better anyway, but it only gives the first 20 results. (That darn multipage thing again!)


Last night I uploaded an 11 MB file. When it finished, it dumped me to a editfile# page (sorry, I didn't note the exact wording) with Hello on it. I said a few choice words, then realized it actually uploaded. This morning I uploaded the same file to another group and it went back to the Files page properly when finished.

Hmmm. Maybe you got caught as I was updating the site? Please let me know if you see the error again.
I thought about that, and have with other unusual things, but I figure I should mention them, just in case it's some of those pesky little bugs trying to sneak in.

Thanks again,
Duane


 

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 01:34 pm, Duane txpigeon@... wrote:

Turns out that the strangeness was on my end. Some of the pdfs were images and some searchable. Obviously it didn't find the words in the image type files. Apologies. Complete search is probably better anyway, but it only gives the first 20 results. (That darn multipage thing again!)

Doh! Fixed.

Thanks, Mark


Duane
 

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 08:03 am, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:36 pm, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

Also noticed that if I accidentally try to upload a file with the same name, it acts like it's uploading, but the old one is still there and no error message.
There definitely should be an error message there. It's not a quick fix, so I'll add it to the todo list.

Thanks,
Mark
Actually, there are times when I want to replace a file. Asking if the file should be replaced (assuming the uploader owns the original) would make that easier. If they didn't own it, maybe they could be given an opportunity to rename the file they're trying to upload?

Duane