Topics

locked Suggestions for edits to “Subscription� page

Maria,

Auto Follow Replies
In addition to the threads and hashtags you have selected to follow,
you automatically follow any threads you start or reply to.

(I put this is a sub item of "following only" because I'm not sure
why it's separated out? is it because you could just auto follow replies
without selecting all messages or following only? If so then maybe this
is a good area to clarify that ?)
Yes, it is separate because it applies regardless of the Message Selection choice (All Messages or Following Only).

If your Message Selection is "All Messages" this won't affect email delivery, but will still place those threads in the Followed section under Messages of the Your Groups page. This makes it handy to find threads you've participated in. Unlike "All Posts By This Member", this provides a thread view rather than a message-by-message view. And it is a list across all your group subscriptions instead of just one group. Or more precisely, across all subscriptions in which you've checked this option.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

Maria

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 11:32 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
Yes, it is separate because it applies regardless of the Message Selection choice (All Messages or Following Only).

If your Message Selection is "All Messages" this won't affect email delivery, but will still place those threads in the Followed section under Messages of the Your Groups page.

 Thanks Shal. Then maybe that needs further language too as it wasn't clear to me at all. Perhaps something explaining what this setting will and won't do as it's not intuitively clear (to me at least ).

Maria