moderated when member deletes a message, save content in the log #suggestion

It's been acknowledged that there is no legal requirement (either currently, or with GDRP) to allow members to delete their messages, since they have granted permanent rights to groups.io to publish them. That said, I have no issue with members deleting messages as long as I as the group owner can find out after the fact WHAT they deleted. Currently, when a member deletes a message the log entry simply says that they deleted message # xyz and the title. So it's impossible to find out what they actually deleted. I would like the log entry to contain the text of the message as well. This would not seem to violate any general principles people have espoused here for allowing users to delete their members. It's simply a record of what was deleted.

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 08:14 pm, J_Catlady wrote:
for allowing users to delete their members
oops, "for allowing users to delete their messages"