Topics

moderated #suggestion - Make the email address in Member List a link #suggestion

Tom Vail

Not sure why it is not already, but I would like to suggest the email address in the Members list when seen by members be a "mailto" link to that address.  I know they can copy/paste, but why not a direct link?

Peace,
Tom

Sarah k Alawami

If I understand you correctly if the email link were direct link, I could easily spam you, or copy the address to the clipboard and copy a bunch of them and spam the whole entire group. Not a very good idea in my not-so-humble opinion and in my experience.

On May 22, 2018 8:04:38 AM "Tom Vail" <Tom@...> wrote:

Not sure why it is not already, but I would like to suggest the email address in the Members list when seen by members be a "mailto" link to that address.  I know they can copy/paste, but why not a direct link?

Peace,
Tom

Tom Vail

The email addresses are already there.  They can be harvested as they are, so this would not change that.
Tom

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 08:04 am, Tom Vail wrote:
Not sure why it is not already, but I would like to suggest the email address in the Members list when seen by members be a "mailto" link to that address.  I know they can copy/paste, but why not a direct link?
It is already possible to send a message by opening their subscription record and clicking on the "Send Message" button at the bottom of the resulting page (i.e.: you're only saving one click). More to the point, if we were to make the email address directly clickable from the original display then we would need to create some other, separate link to access the member's subscription information. Personally, I like being able to click on the entire row to do this and see no convenient alternative...especially in such cases where the Display Name is not populated.

So I have to vote no on this suggestion.

Regards,
Bruce

Tom Vail

Bruce,

I see the point if the Display Name is blank (which we do not have) so that I guess would outweigh the convenience of making the email address clickable.  So I'll rescind my suggestion.

But it is more than just one click - you also have to scroll allllll the way to the bottom to send a message.  :)

Peace,
Tom