moderated Download Members only works on Members

Bob Bellizzi

Could we please have a bit of consistency in the allowable operations shown on the Members' (type) lists so we could work with them consistently?

It appears that no matter which group of members you are "in" Pending, Members, Moderated, etc
you can only download Members
I wanted to compile some figures on unsubscribes (Left vs Spam Left) and then compare to resubscribes and a couple of other things that I track in a database.
But I would have to copy/past each group of 20 separately and that isn't worth it.

--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Bob,

It appears that no matter which group of members you are "in" Pending,
Members, Moderated, etc you can only download Members
That's because Download (and Bulk Remove) is its own tab, not controlled by the selection on the first tab.

I wanted to compile some figures on unsubscribes (Left vs Spam Left)
and then compare to resubscribes and a couple of other things that I
track in a database.
For that wouldn't you need an export of the Activity log instead? Or in a Premium group does the "Past" list make that distinction (Left vs. Spam Left)? - I don't have any examples of Spam Left in my one Premium group.

And if so, perhaps the better solution would be to make that information additional enumerations of the "Status" and/or "User Status" fields of the export.

Hmm, speaking of which, I wonder what the User Status "2=Inactive" means. Again no examples in my Premium group.

Shal

Bob Bellizzi

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 07:36 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
For that wouldn't you need an export of the Activity log instead? Or in a Premium group does the "Past" list make that distinction (Left vs. Spam Left)? - I don't have any examples of Spam Left in my one Premium group.
That would work except the Past members do not exist in the Download and, to date, I have no inactive members out of almost 3500.
And if so, perhaps the better solution would be to make that information additional enumerations of the "Status" and/or "User Status" fields of the export.

Hmm, speaking of which, I wonder what the User Status "2=Inactive" means. Again no examples in my Premium group.
I think that keeping them within the cover of Members would be a good idea with Left & Spam Left status indicators.
I think that would also make J a little bit more happy because then all past & present member's could be managed and analyzed at the within the same data set offline with a single download.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

I’m just seeing this now and am not  sure why I’m mentioned in it, except that I’d wanted symmetry between available info about past vs banned members. I haven’t been following this thread but would be strongly against keeping past members in the member list, lumped together with the current members, if that’s what’s being suggested.

On May 12, 2018, at 11:35 AM, Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:

[...]

J,

I haven’t been following this thread but would be strongly against
keeping past members in the member list, lumped together with the
current members, if that’s what’s being suggested.
Only in the Download table, not in the displayed lists.

The members who have "Left" or "Spam Left" (or removed by any other means) would be distinguished from active members by one or more of the Status column enumerations.

The idea is that someone who is managing their membership off-site in a spreadsheet or database application would then have a single table in which they could find any member, past or present. For some of the things Bob wanted to track that would be much more convenient than downloading the "Past" members separately.

Of course his original complaint was that as things stand one cannot download the Past members at all - he has to screen-scrape them.

Shal

Bob Bellizzi

Of course his original complaint was that as things stand one cannot download the Past members at all - he has to screen-scrape them.
Shal, there is currently no way to download Past members unless one copies each page separately.
And that becomes an ever growing issue.
You idea of adding additional User Status values would handle it nicely.
J, Sorry if I there is a misunderstanding about this.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®