Topics

moderated Formatting Wiki Pages

Bruce Bowman

The wiki editor does not appear to support inline styles (they are stripped when you save). Even things like {float:right} are stripped. Because of this, I've had to resort to long-deprecated HTML usage just to get an image to scale properly and align to the right margin.

If there's a style sheet somewhere that we can apply (and is in a human-readable form), I would be pleased to use existing classes instead of resorting to this sort of kludging. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks,
Bruce

Hello,

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
The wiki editor does not appear to support inline styles (they are stripped when you save). Even things like {float:right} are stripped. Because of this, I've had to resort to long-deprecated HTML usage just to get an image to scale properly and align to the right margin.

We do strip a lot of inline styles, but (hopefully) none of the ones used by the editor. So if you're just using editor functions to format things, it should all work ok. Are there specific CSS attributes you would like to see not stripped? (we mainly strip to prevent attack vectors).

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:31 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
We do strip a lot of inline styles, but (hopefully) none of the ones used by the editor. So if you're just using editor functions to format things, it should all work ok. Are there specific CSS attributes you would like to see not stripped? (we mainly strip to prevent attack vectors).
I'm using the "Source Code" editor to insert inline styles. It's these that are subsequently stripped. I want to use styles that do not seem to be available via the editor. For example, when I insert an image, I can change dimensions only via the editor, I can't scale it to a fraction of the page width, I can't float it to the right margin, etc.

I'm not looking for anything elaborate. Just basic stuff like text-align, float, width, border, etc.

It's my understanding from discussions in GMF that GIO uses a "bootstrap" set of style sheets (getbootstrap.com). Unfortunately I've not been able to find these in human-readable form. Simply knowing what styles are already defined so I could implement the classes via the source code editor would help as a first approximation. I was already able to do that with aligning an image to the right margin using class=pull-right.

I hope that makes things more clear.

Thanks,
Bruce