Topics

locked Changed how polls work

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Green Fizzpops <greenfizzpops@...> wrote:
I see mention of "when a poll is closed". How does one close a poll?
_._,_._,_
When viewing a poll in the Messages section on the website, if you have the right permissions there will be an Edit link under the poll. Click that and you can edit or close the poll. I wonder if this could be made more clear some how.

Green Fizzpops

I see mention of "when a poll is closed". How does one close a poll?

On 10 Nov 2015 at 10:14, Mark Fletcher wrote:

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Jim Poston <@poston> wrote:
How do you close a poll?

Click the Edit link in the poll message.

Thanks Mark!

--
Jim
@poston

<< A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... >>

Jim,

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Jim Poston <poston@...> wrote:
How do you close a poll?

Click the Edit link in the poll message.

Mark

How do you close a poll?

--
Jim
@poston

<< Pity a donkey with a IQ of 138. Nobody likes a smart ass. >>

Linda

That works for me, Mark!
Thanks,
Linda

Sent: Friday, November 6, 2015 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Changed how polls work #poll

I’m leaning towards just letting all moderators view results early.

Judy F.

Mark, I think the owner of the group and moderators of the group should be able to see everything from the time a Poll is opened until it closes.  Depending on the setting is whether the members can see the results before the poll is closed.  I don’t think email addresses should be shown to members, only Owner and moderator.

There are lots of Yahoo Groups, mine included that Polls are only done by Owner/Moderators, no members create a Poll.  Now this isn’t saying that members shouldn’t be able to create one, but that should be an option.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA