locked Email delivery problem

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

Ouchy!  Me being a web developer myself, to a fair extent, I definitely do understand the lingo you are talking about.  What a pain in the behaunkis!

Glad you figured it out though.  Smile.  Coding, and doing things like that can sometimes be annoying!

Chris.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Email delivery problem

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...> wrote:
Wonder what, in general term, was the issue.  Did the mail server crash?

Yesterday afternoon I modified the message footer templates to include links to mute any hashtags associated with the thread (there’s one template for plain text messages and other for HTML messages). I tested the changes to make sure they worked. Unfortunately, right before I pushed them live, I made one small change to the HTML footer to add a blank line. I thought the change was innocuous, and pushed it to the site without testing. The change broke the template, and the mail server was set to just drop messages when this happened.  

I fixed the footer template, and I also changed the mail server so that instead of treating errors like this as a failure to deliver the message, it should continue to retry the messages.

Mark

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...> wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I modified the message footer templates to include links to mute any hashtags associated with the thread (there’s one template for plain text messages and other for HTML messages). I tested the changes to make sure they worked. Unfortunately, right before I pushed them live, I made one small change to the HTML footer to add a blank line. I thought the change was innocuous, and pushed it to the site without testing. The change broke the template, and the mail server was set to just drop messages when this happened.  

I fixed the footer template, and I also changed the mail server so that instead of treating errors like this as a failure to deliver the message, it should continue to retry the messages.

Mark

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

Chris.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:09 AM
Subject: [beta] Email delivery problem

Hello,

This pains me deeply, but there was a problem delivering emails over the past 5 hours. Many single group messages were not delivered. They were added to the archives, and digest messages were not affected. As of about 10 minutes ago, it’s been fixed.. I am of course deeply sorry about this.

Mark

Hello,

This pains me deeply, but there was a problem delivering emails over the past 5 hours. Many single group messages were not delivered. They were added to the archives, and digest messages were not affected. As of about 10 minutes ago, it’s been fixed.. I am of course deeply sorry about this.

Mark