locked calendar reminders

Some people might want the reminders sent out to the group; but, I'm wondering if it is possible to turn off reminders if there are members that want them turned off?

Donna

Judy F.

Thanks Donna for asking this question.  I have been meaning to ask it for a while now and keep forgetting.

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 2:39 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] calendar reminders

Some people might want the reminders sent out to the group; but, I'm wondering if it is possible to turn off reminders if there are members that want them turned off?

Donna

Duane

As far as I can tell from testing, you can turn them off for the group by deleting them from the event, but can't turn them off for individuals.

Duane

Judy F.

That's sure a bummer.

Judy
SW Florida - USA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 4:04 PM
Subject: [beta] Re: calendar reminders

As far as I can tell from testing, you can turn them off for the group by deleting them from the event, but can't turn them off for individuals.

Duane

Steph <hsrsp@...>

There is an option for the calendar in settings for each group. I don't know if that will help but there is an off option in the calendar in there. Steph

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 3:09 PM
To: <beta@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [beta] calendar reminders

That's sure a bummer.

Judy
SW Florida - USA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 4:04 PM
Subject: [beta] Re: calendar reminders

Duane

Donna,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Donna <pnwfemale@...> wrote:

If there are only some members who would like them turned off, they can mute the hashtag #cal-reminder (all reminders are sent with that hashtag). 

To mute a hashtag, go to https://groups.io/mutedhashtags and click on ‘+ Mute A New Hashtag’ link in the top right corner. Then enter #cal-reminder for the hashtag.

It occurs to me that this is exceptionally difficult to figure out for people who just want to mute something. I need to add links in the message footers.

Thanks,
Mark