From: Donna [mailto:pnwfemale@...]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 2:39 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] calendar reminders

Some people might want the reminders sent out to the group; but, I'm wondering if it is possible to turn off reminders if there are members that want them turned off?

Donna

Duane

As far as I can tell from testing, you can turn them off for the group by deleting them from the event, but can't turn them off for individuals.

Duane

Judy F.

That's sure a bummer.

Judy
SW Florida - USA

As far as I can tell from testing, you can turn them off for the group by deleting them from the event, but can't turn them off for individuals.

Duane

Steph <hsrsp@...>

There is an option for the calendar in settings for each group. I don't know if that will help but there is an off option in the calendar in there. Steph

As far as I can tell from testing, you can turn them off for the group by deleting them from the event, but can't turn them off for individuals.

Duane

Donna,

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Donna <pnwfemale@...> wrote:

Some people might want the reminders sent out to the group; but, I'm wondering if it is possible to turn off reminders if there are members that want them turned off?

If there are only some members who would like them turned off, they can mute the hashtag #cal-reminder (all reminders are sent with that hashtag).

To mute a hashtag, go to https://groups.io/mutedhashtags and click on ‘+ Mute A New Hashtag’ link in the top right corner. Then enter #cal-reminder for the hashtag.

It occurs to me that this is exceptionally difficult to figure out for people who just want to mute something. I need to add links in the message footers.