Topics

moderated LISTSERV #suggestion

Michael Dunn

Any chance we might see LISTSERV import added someday...? thx

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 02:49 pm, Michael Dunn wrote:
Any chance we might see LISTSERV import added someday...? thx
Hmmm...the original Bitnet Listserv was just a remailer that ran on the old IBM VM mainframes. It did not store messages or allow people to archive files/attachments and such (beyond the basic functionality necessary to accumulate enough to form a daily digest). That being the case, if you have a list of email addresses it is already possible to upload that as a CSV file into the Direct Add or Invite box and get people into the group.

If newer versions of the LSoft product have more capabilities, please enlighten us (or at least me).

Thanks,
Bruce

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:41 PM, Michael Dunn <md@...> wrote:
Any chance we might see LISTSERV import added someday...? thx
_._,_._,_
We support importing archives if they are in mbox format. For member lists, just have one email address per line. I don't think we'll support any LISTSERV specific formats (if there are any, I'm unfamiliar with LISTSERV specifics).

Thanks,
MarkĀ