moderated BCC All Moderators does not work #bug

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- One of the other subscribers to GMF reported that her Moderators were not being copied when she checked "BCC: All Moderators." I've been following up on that and it doesn't seem to work in my group, either.

I made my test account at GMail a Moderator and gave "him" all mail notifications. I then sent a Member Notice to myself and checked the "BCC All" box. It did not arrive...but I did get a second copy in my own mailbox. I even made "him" an Owner and "he" still didn't get the message. In fact the "BCC: All Moderators" checkbox seems to behave exactly like "BCC: Me."

I subsequently put my test account on moderation and sent a note to the group from there to test the checkbox in the message rejection dialog. I asked all owners and moderators to report back on what happened. Same story...I got a copy but none of the other Owners or Moderators did.

I could be missing something and perhaps others should also try this and report back. But at this point it sure seems like a bug.

Thanks,
Bruce

Chris Jones

I tried Bcc Moderators when I rejected a posting that had no content earlier this evening (UK time)... and the others did receive it.

Having said that one occurrence isn't necessarily statistically significant. Time will tell if it's repeatable.

Chris

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 4:07 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Mark -- One of the other subscribers to GMF reported that her Moderators were not being copied when she checked "BCC: All Moderators." I've been following up on that and it doesn't seem to work in my group, either.

It works, but... It was not sending the message to any moderator that didn't have the Pending Messages notification enabled. I've removed that check and it now sends the message to all mods, regardless of their notification setting.

Thanks,
MarkĀ

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 03:13 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
It works, but... It was not sending the message to any moderator that didn't have the Pending Messages notification enabled.
It was my understanding the Pending Messages notification setting is for purpose of moderating incoming messages. Requiring the same setting for sending of Member Notices is not intuitive and is by far the more egregious bug.

Much obliged on this end for fixing that, Mark!

Bruce