Topics

moderated Notification of Changes Pending or Done #suggestion

Chris Jones

Mark; we often come up with suggestions for changes on this forum, and it isn't always clear if those suggestions or requests are going to go on the "to do" list or not.

Can I ask that there be "Moderators Only" Hashtags showing #Pending & #Done that can be added to a topic once its merit has been assessed; this would give us clear sight of something that is now "on the list" and something that isn't. (I suppose there might also need to be a #No_Chance tag as well!)

Obviously some proposals are more important than others, some more urgent, some easy and some difficult and time - consuming, and of course others right down (say) pointless.

If this could be done we would know that action was in hand, even if a completion date might be some time into the future. It would prevent good ideas and suggestions disappearing into a sort of black hole

Regards,

Chris

(Sent in Hope...)

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 4:09 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:
Mark; we often come up with suggestions for changes on this forum, and it isn't always clear if those suggestions or requests are going to go on the "to do" list or not.

Can I ask that there be "Moderators Only" Hashtags showing #Pending & #Done that can be added to a topic once its merit has been assessed; this would give us clear sight of something that is now "on the list" and something that isn't. (I suppose there might also need to be a #No_Chance tag as well!)

I absolutely appreciate all the suggestions and feedback that everyone provides on beta@. You all are awesome! Sometimes (oftentimes these days) there's so much of it that I unfortunately can't get to it all and still spend time working on the site. It used to be easier, when the site was much smaller; I had time to maintain the Trello boards. I'm not complaining, mind you.

I don't know what the right answer is for acknowledging suggestions and maintaining lists and such. It needs to be lightweight enough that I don't spend a considerable amount of time on it.

At least until the end of May, I will be spending all my energy (outside of bug fixing and trying to keep up with support) on GDPR stuff. Whatever extra time there is, I will be working on adding the ability of group owners to charge subscriptions for their groups and other premium features. I want to increase Groups.io revenue so that I can hire help and really make this thing huge.

kr402

That sounds great !
Good luck !
Hired help means more suggestions,