moderated Icon upgrades

Hi All,

As part of another project, I upgraded the icon package that the website uses to the latest version (Font Awesome 4 to 5). As part of that upgrade, they made a bunch of incompatible changes. I think I got them all, but please let me know if you see any icons that consist of a segmented circle with a flashing question mark in the middle. That would indicate one that I missed.

Thanks,
Mark

Tom H

Just saw that ? for subgroups on my groups list on Android.

Locked topics are displaying alternating question mark/exclamation marks in both Topics and Messages view.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.

I wish I could shut up, but I can't, and I won't. - Desmond Tutu

p.s Same for stickies. 
--
J

oops, same for moderated topics
--
J

Bruce Bowman

Subscribers trying to post new topic. Buttons for attaching a photo/file are missing.

Bruce

Bruce Bowman

Github and Trello Integrations icons are also showing the flashing ?.

Bruce

andy t

Hello Mark,
You said that you added a bunch of eye cons. Are these text labeled so that us totally blind list owners and those who are on the lists will know
what they are when we come across them?

Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:59 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Icon upgrades

Hi All,

As part of another project, I upgraded the icon package that the website uses to the latest version (Font Awesome 4 to 5). As part of that upgrade, they made a bunch of incompatible changes. I think I got them all, but please let me know if you see any icons that consist of a segmented circle with a flashing question mark in the middle. That would indicate one that I missed.

Thanks,
Mark
Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Hi All,

Thanks for the bug reports. I think I've fixed them all except for the icons in the HTML editor. Working on that now.

I had to switch things a bit; instead of a flashing question mark, if there's a problem with the icon, it'll just be a box. Please let me know if you see any of these.

Thanks,
Mark

Carol Good

It could just be me, but I'm still missing around half the icons. Here in Beta I'm seeing ~ next to Home, and blank boxes next to other sidebar items. I have icons for Messages, New Topic, Directory, Calendar, Files and Wiki.

I don't have a problem with this as such - I only ever use Desktop so have all the relevant words to work from - but thought it might be worth raising.

Thanks,
Carol

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 01:10 am, Carol Good wrote:
It could just be me, but I'm still missing around half the icons. Here in Beta I'm seeing ~ next to Home, and blank boxes next to other sidebar items. I have icons for Messages, New Topic, Directory, Calendar, Files and Wiki.
Same thing here on my old Windows XP machine using the Chrome browser. They show up okay using Firefox.

As for the "new topic" message editor, I'm still not getting a file attachment upload button. I've tried XP using Chrome and Firefox, and Windows 10 using Chrome and Edge. Same story on all of them.

Bruce

Everything shows up ok for me in safari and firefox, including attachments.
--
J

Hi All,

If you're having problems with icons not showing up, please do a hard reload: hold down the shift key while clicking the reload button in your browser.

Thanks,
Mark

My group just got a question mark for a photo. Not sure whether the photo was attached or included in the message. It looks like this:

This is him enjoying the sun :-) 

--
J

Hi J,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 11:30 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
My group just got a question mark for a photo. Not sure whether the photo was attached or included in the message. It looks like this:

Can you send the URL to support, and I'll check it out?

Thanks!
Mark 

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:21 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:

If you're having problems with icons not showing up, please do a hard
reload: hold down the shift key while clicking the reload button in your
browser.
After a hard reload, today in Messages - Single - Reply in the HTML editor there is blank space instead of the first icon "Quote Whole Post". Browsers Firefox 59, Chromium 65, Palemoon 27.8.3 under FreeBSD. The icon does show in the plain text editor.

Toby Kraft

Same here, win 10, Chrome stable and canary releases.
Thanks

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 12:16 AM, Lena <Lena@...> wrote:

After a hard reload, today in Messages - Single - Reply in the HTML editor there is blank space instead of the first icon "Quote Whole Post". Browsers Firefox 59, Chromium 65, Palemoon 27.8.3 under FreeBSD. The icon does show in the plain text editor.

Hello,

This is fixed now. You may need to do a hard reload to see it.

Thanks,
Mark

Toby Kraft

Confirmed, fixed on my system.

Ginny T.

Are we the only ones missing the attachment icon? And I did a hard reload...
Thanks,
Ginny
--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========
TemariKai.com