moderated Edit indicator #suggestion

Duane

When reading online, there's currently no notification when a message is edited, other than the badge.  I'd like to see an edit cause the topic to be bumped to the top of the list as if a new message had been posted so that it's more apt to be noticed.

Thanks,
Duane

I would be against that. Usually (in our group) an edit is something like fixing a typo or redacting disallowed information, such as personal info or s veterinarian name. I would be actually strongly opposed to calling attention to it.

On Apr 2, 2018, at 4:14 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

When reading online, there's currently no notification when a message is edited, other than the badge.  I'd like to see an edit cause the topic to be bumped to the top of the list as if a new message had been posted so that it's more apt to be noticed.

Thanks,
Duane

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.

I wish I could shut up, but I can't, and I won't. - Desmond Tutu

Duane

I could understand that for a moderator edit, to some extent, but not for a member edit.  I wouldn't want folks to depend on bad information.  That's one of the reasons that member edits are resent to email users and I always send moderator edits.

Duane

I could live with member edits bumping up (especially since my group has disabled those;) but I still think it would be a mistake. I even don't like the fact that the "edited" date is displayed instead of the original date.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.

I wish I could shut up, but I can't, and I won't. - Desmond Tutu

KWKloeber

Additionally, (I'm new to this group) The Save Without Resending to the Group
option that is available to moderators --- Request that this option be made available to ALL members (who have permission to edit,)

OR should be the DEFAULT and and "Resend" be a check box or something to dissuade resendring most of the edits.
This would do away with so many re-posting of minor typo and spelling edits that drive other memebrs crazy with so many emails.

-ken