moderated Edit indicator #suggestion

Duane

When reading online, there's currently no notification when a message is edited, other than the badge.  I'd like to see an edit cause the topic to be bumped to the top of the list as if a new message had been posted so that it's more apt to be noticed.

I would be against that. Usually (in our group) an edit is something like fixing a typo or redacting disallowed information, such as personal info or s veterinarian name. I would be actually strongly opposed to calling attention to it.

On Apr 2, 2018, at 4:14 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

When reading online, there's currently no notification when a message is edited, other than the badge.  I'd like to see an edit cause the topic to be bumped to the top of the list as if a new message had been posted so that it's more apt to be noticed.

I could understand that for a moderator edit, to some extent, but not for a member edit.  I wouldn't want folks to depend on bad information.  That's one of the reasons that member edits are resent to email users and I always send moderator edits.

Duane

I could live with member edits bumping up (especially since my group has disabled those;) but I still think it would be a mistake. I even don't like the fact that the "edited" date is displayed instead of the original date.

KWKloeber

Additionally, (I'm new to this group) The Save Without Resending to the Group
option that is available to moderators --- Request that this option be made available to ALL members (who have permission to edit,)

OR should be the DEFAULT and and "Resend" be a check box or something to dissuade resendring most of the edits.
This would do away with so many re-posting of minor typo and spelling edits that drive other memebrs crazy with so many emails.

-ken