moderated duplication of groups

I set up a group for a ham radio ic9100 and another ham not knowing moved his group from Yahoo (a good move) with the name ic-9100.  Somehow I got 50 of his members.  We have decided to combine onto his group but I don't know how to move my members and messages to his.

Steve L

Bruce Bowman

You should try the GroupManagersForum first. The beta group is for discussion of new features and occasional system bugs.

Bruce

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 07:32 pm, Bruce Bowman wrote:
You should try the GroupManagersForum first.
But there is no current way to do what he wants except by hand. I think Mark needs to be involved to do it any other way. Probably should contact him at the support address, support@groups.io.

I think it's sweet that the two groups have decided to combine. :)

Bruce Bowman

Okay, if we're going to talk about it here anyway, that's fine.

Your message archives and your member list are readily downloaded, but there's no way to upload them to the other group via the user interface. You will need to contact Mark at the support address that J provided. I'm sure it can be done but it's unlikely to become a system feature anytime soon.

Bruce

P.S. I was misled by your subject line.

Problem solved, I made the other group owner and owner on mine and he extracted the member list.  There were only a few posts so that wasn't an issue with lost information.  It pays to be careful setting up groups to check for matching names, and of course sending members to the wrong group because of a typo can happen anywhere.

Now to solve how to bulk delete unwanted graphic signatures from photo files.

Thanks all,  Steve L

Yay!