moderated disable boiler plates in member notices

I know I asked for this already, but it´s really difficult for us non-English group owners to deal with theses boiler-plates, for example inviting people to the group. For the invited person it is extremely confusing. Wouldn´t it be possible to just disable the boiler plates and send out customized member notices of all kinds in our own words?

Victoria

Bruce Bowman

https://groups.io/static/help#membernotices

The boilerplate emails are present only to provide basic functionality for those owners who haven't defined their own messages.

Bruce

Bruce, as far as I can see I cannot delete the boiler plate text which means I cannot define my own message. I can´t invite anyone without this text in it or around my own message. My suggestion is to make it possible to disable the pre-defined texts in member notices

Victoria

Bruce Bowman

Create your own invite message, make it active, and delete the old one.

Bruce

-- Sent from my humble desktop computer

Bruce, as far as I can see I cannot delete the boiler plate text which means I cannot define my own message. I can´t invite anyone without this text in it or around my own message. My suggestion is to make it possible to disable the pre-defined texts in member notices

Victoria

Toby Kraft

That only affects the section marked "following message was included..." - the boiler plate above/below remains.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Create your own invite message, make it active, and delete the old one.

Bruce

-- Sent from my humble desktop computer

Bruce, as far as I can see I cannot delete the boiler plate text which means I cannot define my own message. I can´t invite anyone without this text in it or around my own message. My suggestion is to make it possible to disable the pre-defined texts in member notices

Victoria

Toby Kraft

I should add - if you create a invite notice and make it active, it overwrites the 'customized message' that is kept on the Invite page...  If you later delete the invite notice, the customized message is blank.  (where before it was saved from the prior invite)

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Toby Kraft <toby@...> wrote:
That only affects the section marked "following message was included..." - the boiler plate above/below remains.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Create your own invite message, make it active, and delete the old one.

Bruce

-- Sent from my humble desktop computer

Bruce, as far as I can see I cannot delete the boiler plate text which means I cannot define my own message. I can´t invite anyone without this text in it or around my own message. My suggestion is to make it possible to disable the pre-defined texts in member notices

Victoria

Toby Kraft

Correction - the customized message is stored as a member notice with name = "(name not set)" and type = Invite.  So it is not lost, just no longer active.
Mark's thoughtfulness and attention to detail continues to amaze me...

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:36 AM, Toby Kraft <toby@...> wrote:
[...]

Oops. I stand corrected. Sorry.

Bruce

-- Sent from my humble desktop computer

Bruce, as far as I can see I cannot delete the boiler plate text which
means I cannot define my own message. I can´t invite anyone without this
text in it or around my own message. My suggestion is to make it possible
to disable the pre-defined texts in member notices

Victoria

Also, the last customized message you sent in an invite will also be sent to the NEXT person unless you explicitly over-write it. Not being aware of this can be dangerous.

But, if you have a customized invite notice, the field to put in the emails of invitees is gone.

Victoria

I should add - if you create a invite notice and make it active, it overwrites the 'customized message' that is kept on the Invite page...  If you later delete the invite notice, the customized message is blank.  (where before it was saved from the prior invite)

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Toby Kraft <toby@...> wrote:

That only affects the section marked "following message was included..." - the boiler plate above/below remains.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Create your own invite message, make it active, and delete the old one.

Bruce

Toby Kraft

The email addresses are entered on the Invite page, not the member notice editing page.  Admin->Invite from the left menu.
If you create a member notice of type=Invite and mark it Active, it will be used on the Invite page for the customized message inside the invitation email.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Victoria <dr.vcaesar@...> wrote:

But, if you have a customized invite notice, the field to put in the emails of invitees is gone.

Victoria

I should add - if you create a invite notice and make it active, it overwrites the 'customized message' that is kept on the Invite page...  If you later delete the invite notice, the customized message is blank.  (where before it was saved from the prior invite)

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Toby Kraft <toby@...> wrote:

That only affects the section marked "following message was included..." - the boiler plate above/below remains.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Create your own invite message, make it active, and delete the old one.

Bruce

Toby, since my members speak German, my German invite text is then surrounded by Englisch text, if I got you right. I ´d like to get rid of it.

Therefore I thought it might be possible to make our notices totally customizable. That´s what I meant in my first posting by disabling the boiler plates.

Victoria

---

The email addresses are entered on the Invite page, not the member notice editing page.  Admin->Invite from the left menu.

If you create a member notice of type=Invite and mark it Active, it will be used on the Invite page for the customized message inside the invitation email.

Toby Kraft

Yes, I understand that and that issue has been discussed at length in several threads.  I was responding to the comment that "the field to put in the emails of invitees is gone" and clarifying Bruce Bowman's comment that some could interpret as the member Invite notice could be the entire invitation.  I think the mechanism of how the member Invite notice is used has been adequately explored.
I do agree that the foreign language issue is an important concern and my guess is Mark has been mulling this over and will respond with a proposed solution at some point.
Thanks
Toby