Topics

locked Membership options

monamouroui

Hi Mark,

Thanks for creating this alternative email exchange service.

I created a group and asked a few friends to join so we could kick the tires.

A couple of issues.

Members require approval to join, but there is no field for them to fill out so I can know who they are and why they want to join. Right now it's not a problem because I do know them. But if new members cannot give me a reason for joining then there isn't a point in having to approve new members.

Which leads me to the next problem.  I have to log into groups.io to approve them. I can't just reply to the request mail.

I don't want to have to go to the group to make these approvals. I'm used to sending a reply for approval and forward for rejection.

Right now I'm not allowing posts, but have a feeling I'm going to need to log into the group to approve pending posts too.

Thanks,
Sara

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the suggestions. Approval/rejection of pending members via email is definitely on the todo list, as is asking prospective members for more information.

You can approve/reject pending messages through email already.