moderated New Yahoo group transfer system

Hi All,

I spent a good part of this week completely redoing how I do Yahoo Group transfers. No longer do you initiate transfers by inviting the transfer user to join your group. Instead, you go to https://groups.io/yahootransfer and fill out a form, with your Yahoo Group, your Groups.io group and what you'd like to transfer. You can then track the progress of the transfer through the website.

It's more automated than the previous transfer process and it gives people more information. Hopefully it'll help reduce the backlog of transfer requests.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Patty Sliney

Thank you SO much for doing this, Mark, fantastic.  I have a question if I might:  I will be moving a rather large list in a week or so, and I wanted to try to keep my group's size down to 1 GB.  However, our current photos section is 7 GB alone (the files are still in the MBs, so no worries about that section causing issues).  Is there a way I can move just the more current photo albums/photos so I don't transfer all 9 years' worth of photos?  My group just isn't set up to be able to obtain a membership fee from on an annual basis, to cover the $110 annual cost, so trying to keep our size down.  We're a sewing/quilting/embroidery group, so we're sort of heavy on the photos (of our projects, work, etc.)  Or, would I transfer everything, then go in and delete the older photos until we're down under 1 GB?