moderated see past activity from "removed" as well as "banned" members (premium groups) #suggestion

I have brought this up before, but only tangentially within other topics: I now routinely ban every member who leaves the group because it's the only way I can see who they were and their past activity. In other words: there are a "past members" list and a "banned members" list, but in only the banned list can you click on the member to reach their member page.

Is there any way to make the "past members" just as clickable? I am now banning people I would not normally ban, just to see who they were when they leave and what problems (if any) there were. I've now banned so many that it's at the point where I can't tell from looking at the "banned" list whether or not I really want these people to be banned, and therefore I can't necessarily make a reasonable decision on what to do if they reapply. (Also, I can see that they've reapplied only by the log entry "banned member attempted to apply" but I also don't get notified by email.)

Is there some way to rectify this? Clearly, the record still exists, because all I have to do is move the "past" email address to the "banned" list and it becomes accessible.

wrong message title: should read "past members" (not "removed") - they can have left or have been removed, either one, to be "past"

Hi J,

I have fixed up the Past Members display. It now links to the member activity page for that past member, and you can also view any moderator notes.

Yay! Thanks!!!
💗

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:29 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi J,

I have fixed up the Past Members display. It now links to the member activity page for that past member, and you can also view any moderator notes.

Oops, except "notes" takes you into the list of groups you're in rather than to the member's notes page....

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:40 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Oops, except "notes" takes you into the list of groups you're in rather than to the member's notes page....

Fixed.

Bob Bellizzi

thank you!!!
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 07:30 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
you can also view any moderator notes.
Mark,

Disappointingly, this has now completely disappeared! I can now no longer see "Notes" of either Past OR Banned members. At first, Notes were visible in both. Then they disappeared from Banned and were grayed out in Past. At least at that point, I could copy the grayed out notes and stick them into the Notes field of a banned member. Now the notes are completely gone from Past members as well!

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 7:12 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Disappointingly, this has now completely disappeared! I can now no longer see "Notes" of either Past OR Banned members.

Thanks for the bug report. It's been fixed. And now you can edit the moderator notes of past members as well.

Mark,

Something is still weird. You can link directly to the complete member page of a banned member from an entry in the group activity log dealing with that member, but not to a past member. Clicking on the past member in the log entry takes you to the member list, whereas clicking on a banned member takes you to the original member page.

So still, it seems there is more access to the past activity of banned members than there is to simply past members, and I am again tempted to ban everyone so that I have this easy access. Can this be made more symmetric?