moderated Repeating Events in Calendar Bug

Scott Myers

I've noted that once a repeating event is added to the calendar, it will not accept a change.  It must be deleted and you have to reenter to correct the repeating event.

Hi Scott,

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Scott Myers <ac8de@...> wrote:

I've noted that once a repeating event is added to the calendar, it will not accept a change.  It must be deleted and you have to reenter to correct the repeating event.

_._,_._,_

I'm not able to duplicate this. Can you send an email to support@groups.io with some additional information:

- which group
- which event in the group
- what specific fields did you try to change
- when you updated the event, did you select just that event or all events to be updated

Dave Sergeant

I wonder if the same is happening to you. Due to a glitch in my
browswer (Palemoon) the popup window to choose whether you want it to
apply to the current event or all events doesn't immediately appear - I
have to switch to another tab and back to get it. I had previously
tried to edit an event to remove the alert when it happened and assumed
it had saved but had not as I had not seen the popup. Now gone back and
made sure I ticked the box on the popup as well and it seems to have
updated correctly.

This glitch with not seeing the popup happens in a few other areas of
groups.io, very annoying but nothing to do with groups.io.

Dave

On 12 Feb 2018 at 15:22, Scott Myers wrote:

I've noted that once a repeating event is added to the calendar, it will
not accept a change. It must be deleted and you have to reenter to
correct the repeating event.

http://davesergeant.com

Scott Myers

No problems with the pop-up. I've tried it with both IE and Chrome,
although I primarily use Chrome. I've tried it several different ways and
had another owner try it as well. He too had the problem.

So let's say I make an event that repeats and I want it to repeat weekly in
Thursday 4 times. Then later I decide I want to change it to 6 times. I go
into edit, change it from 4 to 6 times, the hit the green update event
button. I get the popup asking me if I want to do it to all events or just
this one. I select all and it acts like it works, but when I'm thrown back
to the calendar, it hasn't changed. I go back into the event and nothing is
changed. It is still at 4 times, not 6. I just tried this exact scenario
before sending this to insure I'm describing it correctly. I did it with
Chrome.

Scott Myers

[...]

Bob Bellizzi

I couldn't make it fail on one of my groups
I tried it with one of my  groups and had no problem.  Added a notification and saved it for all repeats and it shows up woth my change when I open one of the  later ones and also the original that I updated.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Scott Myers

OK, I've officially tried it in two of my groups on two different computers with both Chrome and IE on both machines.  The same bug exists on both groups and on both machines on both browsers.  I am pretty certain it is not me.

Bob-  This was not about adding a notification.  This was about adding additional events to an already repeating event.

Scott Myers

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Scott Myers <ac8de@...> wrote:

So let's say I make an event that repeats and I want it to repeat weekly in
Thursday 4 times.  Then later I decide I want to change it to 6 times.  I go
into edit, change it from 4 to 6 times, the hit the green update event
button.  I get the popup asking me if I want to do it to all events or just
this one.  I select all and it acts like it works, but when I'm thrown back
to the calendar, it hasn't changed.  I go back into the event and nothing is
changed.

Thanks for the bug report. It should be fixed now.

Bob Bellizzi

Not working on my repeating event which refuses to repeat.
fuchsfriends   March 10
settings I keep trying are
Repeats Every 2 months on the Second Saturday, 20 times
Does not repeat at all.
I've tried multiple times to make it work tonight.
Also every time I save it I get bounced back to February, 2018

Not working at all.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Bob Bellizzi

sorry Mark,  I should have also noted that the event requries me to re set all of the recurring information because it saved apparently without it.
I don't think it was saved at all.

--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Scott Myers

Maybe you are beginning to see the problem I've been reporting where you can't change the number of reoccurrences once it is set.  I still say it is a bug.

Scott Myers

sorry Mark,  I should have also noted that the event requries me to re set all of the recurring information because it saved apparently without it.
I don't think it was saved at all.

--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Hi Bob,

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 8:23 PM, Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:
Not working on my repeating event which refuses to repeat.
fuchsfriends   March 10
settings I keep trying are
Repeats Every 2 months on the Second Saturday, 20 times
Does not repeat at all.
I've tried multiple times to make it work tonight.
Also every time I save it I get bounced back to February, 2018

You were trying to change an existing single event to a repeating event. That bug has been fixed and you should be able to do that now.

Scott,

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 4:59 AM, Scott Myers <ac8de@...> wrote:

Maybe you are beginning to see the problem I've been reporting where you can't change the number of reoccurrences once it is set.  I still say it is a bug.

I'm unable to reproduce this since I fixed the bug yesterday. Can you send to support the steps you're taking to reproduce the bug?

Bob Bellizzi

Thanks Mark, it  works great now.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®

Scott Myers

Mark,

I just checked and YES, it is indeed fixed!  Thank you sir!

Scott Myers

Maybe you are beginning to see the problem I've been reporting where you can't change the number of reoccurrences once it is set.  I still say it is a bug.

I'm unable to reproduce this since I fixed the bug yesterday. Can you send to support the steps you're taking to reproduce the bug?

Dave Sergeant

Maybe just a glitch, but I just edited a repeating event for tonight to
remove the reminder at the start of the event (g4bra@groups.io) and it
sent out an 'updated' reminder for the one which happened last
December....

Dave

On 15 Feb 2018 at 11:31, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi Scott,

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Scott Myers <ac8de@ameritech.net>
wrote: > > > So let's say I make an event that repeats and I want it to
repeat weekly in > Thursday 4 times. Then later I decide I want to
change it to 6 times. I > go > into edit, change it from 4 to 6 times,
the hit the green update event > button. I get the popup asking me if I
want to do it to all events or just > this one. I select all and it
acts like it works, but when I'm thrown back > to the calendar, it
hasn't changed. I go back into the event and nothing > is > changed.

Thanks for the bug report. It should be fixed now.

http://davesergeant.com

Bob Bellizzi

Dave,
There are two chckboxes near the end of the event below where you set Reminders that say:
Send Invite To Group
Send Notice To Group When Event Happens
Send Invite To Group is checked by default.
;
Mark mentioned it on one of his updates recently.

I 'got' me the other day when I was  in an update cycle and my members got several invtes, one each time I Saved my update

--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®