moderated foreign versions of groups.io

Hi, André, Mark and Marina,

I would happily provide German translation, and I´am quite sure more owners of foreign groups would do so to provide their language version.

Most of the members can handle English functions, orders and terms, so that isn´t the main problem. But I don´t know if there aren´t specially prepared standard texts (f.e. invitations to old group members), which automatically are sent by groups.io and therefore are in English? These should definitely be translated into their mother tongue. Or do I - being the owner - create these standard texts myself anyway?

I appreciate the idea of an open localization project.

Kind regards from Cologne, Germany

Victoria

Marina

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 03:13 am, Victoria Caesar wrote:

But I don´t know if there aren´t specially prepared
standard texts (f.e. invitations to old group members), which automatically
are sent by groups.io and therefore are in English? These should definitely be
translated into their mother tongue. Or do I - being the owner - create these
standard texts myself anyway?
There is an invite message in English which, apparently, you can customize.
I thought that I could replace it with a text in Italian, but found out that you can't delete the English text and replace it with another one.
The customized/optional message is inserted automatically in the middle of the original English text, which makes it more confusing.

Marina

Thanks, Marina,

You wrote: "There is an invite message in English which, apparently, you can customize.
I thought that I could replace it with a text in Italian, but found out that you can't delete the English text and replace it with another one.
The customized/optional message is inserted automatically in the middle of the original English text, which makes it more confusing."

This of course will not solve the problem. Only the admin could change it then, if I consider this correctly.. All standard (fixed) texts should be replaced; otherwise it really is confusing.

Regards
Victoria