locked Re: New search options

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:30 PM, HR Tech via Groups.io <m.conway11@...> wrote:

This is very cool and will be super useful I am sure.

Just quickly a couple of weird things I am seeing:

1- When you enter your search term and then click "search" only in this thread - and then press return (or go on mobile) nothing happens because you've moved your cursor out of the search term box.  So - maybe we need a "search" button to activate the search next to the "close" button

Hmm, I'll have to think about that. The reason there isn't a Search button right now is because of the two search fields (which would it submit?).

2- After i selected search only this thread it didn't do that - it sent me back to messages

Oops. Think it's fixed now.

3- I am not seeing how it collapses threads... i'll continue testing.

Collapsed threads will only return thread results, there are no individual message results.

4- If I search the term "slack" I still see my "I'm a novice with slack... " post 2 x

The first result is a match on the thread subject, so returns a thread match. The second result is a match on the message body, and is a message match. They look like duplicates because the thread match displays a message summary of the first message in the thread, which happens to be the same as your second match.

Not sure what the best solution to this is.

Thanks,
Mark

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.