locked Re: Possible bug with "I always want copies of my own messages"? #bug

Maria,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 07:53 am, HR Tech wrote:

So, to confirm,  it's correct that if I am set to "daily digest" or "no email" but have "always want copies..." enabled I don't see a copy of a message sent via groups.io web interface in my gmail sent box (or inbox til i get the digest)?

I think that's correct (I don't pay as much attention as I should to digest mode, so I'm not sure). But I think I see where you're going with this. The word "always" always bothered me in that phrase. It is wishy-washy - because what is its negation? "Sometimes not"? But when I asked Mark about it early on, I began to understand from him that the ways of the various email clients are unpredictable (if I understood even a glimmering of it), and that the hedging was necessary.

But yes, it seems to apply only to when the subscription is "individual email." I see now that it is falsity if someone is subscribed via digest.

It's dumb to buy smart water.