locked Re: Possible bug with "I always want copies of my own messages"? #bug

ps There's something else I just noticed: the behavior only occurs is my admin group and my test group (both of which I own), but not my main group ( which I also own) or the beta group. In fact, none of it happens in my main group or beta, and in those two groups distinctly, I don't receive my messages if the box is not checked. I'm the two 'problematic' groups, I receive the copies no matter which method I post, and I distinctly get two duplicate incoming messages when the box is checked and I post from email. The admin group is also the group where I had the member complaint.

In a weird way, the inconsistent behavior makes it worse because I can't do one or the other. If I uncheck the box, I don't get messages from sons groups. But if I check it, I get duplicates in two of them. Can you think of what might be different between the groups? I use the same email for all of them.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 12, 2016, at 3:33 AM, J_Olivia Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

typo - artifact, not arid act

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 12, 2016, at 3:31 AM, J_Olivia Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. I used to assume that it was the sent message plus the incoming message, but I eventually rejected that idea. I've seen the behavior you describe in other mailing lists I'm on and it's completely different. In what you describe, the 'sent' message simply appears within the message thread. It does not conspicuously arrive, on its own, into the inbox as it does here; gmail doesn't announce that there's a new message, as it does here; and gmail does not add 1 to the thread counter, as it does here. So I'm perplexed. You might still be right. As I said, I am very ignorant when it comes to the workings of email. But this walks like a duck (incoming message) and that's what I have to call it. Plus, it only appears when the box is checked, so the duplicate seems to be an arid act of the Grouis.io workaround.

There are now three people whom I personally know of who have experienced this - me, Brian, and the one group member of mine who complained. Wondering if there are others?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 12, 2016, at 2:05 AM, Laurence Taylor <g7mzh@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

You don't _receive_ duplicate messages when posting from Gmail; one is the
message you sent, and in most mail reders would be in the "sent" folder.
Gmail puts these in with the incoming emails. The duplicate is the one
received via the reflector (if you select that option).

If you read your mail offline with an email client on your PC, none of this
applies and Gmail behaves the same as any other provider.

Perhaps there is a case for Groups.io to issue a new message ID for every
post and forget about the option.

--
rgds
LAurence