locked Re: Possible bug with "I always want copies of my own messages"? #bug

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
        It seems that one never misses one's own messages when using Gmail now, so the setting is an anachronism (at least for Gmail - I have no idea if it's necessary for any other provider).  If it was only for Gmail it could be removed.  If it's needed for others it would make sense to give a detailed explanation of where and when it should be used as part of the setting itself.  It sure confused me, and I now think that a recent complaint about duplicate messages is probably the result of this setting being on.

I just tested this and, at least for me, nothing has changed on Gmail's end. If I have unchecked the box, I do not receive a new copy of the email. If it's checked, I do. This is with Gmail in Google Apps, but I'd be surprised if it's any different for normal Gmail.

If you're using an email client with Gmail, I can believe that you'd see different behavior, as how sent emails are shown is a decision of each email client.

Cheers,