locked Re: Possible bug with "I always want copies of my own messages"? #bug

Brian,

I think that's right. I think the setting could be gotten rid of.

If "always want copies" is on, then if I send a message via gmail, gmail sends me two copies back: my sent message plus the message re-sent by Groups.io. If it's off, then I get just one copy. Whether or not it's on, I always get a copy of any message I post via the web. So I'd vote for getting rid of the setting.

I've had group members complain about the duplicates and have tried to explain it away. I think something in gmail may have changed since the "always want copies" setting was implemented.

It's dumb to buy smart water.