locked Re: Possible bug with "I always want copies of my own messages"? #bug

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 08:43 am, Duane wrote:
I don't understand the question.

 Clearly, you don't.  I said:

  1. I turned on the "All Messages" subscription for the purposes of this test.
  2. I turned on the "always want" feature.
  3. I posted.
  4. I turned off the "always want" feature.
  5. I posted.
  6. What I get in my e-mail is precisely the same whether or not the "always want" feature is on or off.

If the "always want" feature is supposed to be doing something when someone is using Gmail and when "All Messages" is their subscription option, it does not appear to be doing whatever it is supposed to do, since there is zero difference in behaviors as far as e-mail messages go when I'm posting (and that was from the web forum).   If this is something that comes into play only when one is both posting via e-mail and reading via e-mail it would be good to note that in some way, because context is critical.  If it's supposed to come into play always, then it doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm also posting from the test system at the moment and was during the experiment, but this feature isn't new and I wouldn't expect it to behave differently in production versus testing unless a bug of some sort has been introduced.
--
Brian