locked Re: Send To Me (a candidate for the More menu) #suggestion

Maria

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 05:37 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
I'm not sure what form those limits might take; one possibility is to allow it only for messages posted since I joined the group (messages I in principle could have had by email).

Because I'm not so thrilled about the way you get a flood of emails in your inbox when you start following an existing thread, I'd probably not be too interested in this feature either. Mainly, I don't think it's something my group would need or benefit from - in fact I think it might even feel uncomfortable to us. I'm pretty sure if given the option, I'd switch it off if it were optional. I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpful for other groups - just that it wouldn't be a right fit for ours.

That said, If implemented, I definitely agree that it ought to have parameters to prevent abuse and also take in to consideration authors who may no longer be a member of the group, and who therefore may not want their emails to become "new" again in someone's inbox.

Maria