locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups

Maria

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 05:55 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
I also prefer the term "Offlist" to "Private", as the word "private" carries a lot of baggage.

I was just on instagram and noticed their mechanism to make a comment not be public (sort of their reply to group equivalent). It's a greyed out arrow button to the left of where you write your comment, that turns green when you click it, and then adds the words " sending as direct message" above the comment area where you type.  This makes the comment go in to an inbox rather than on the group/public comment thread. I had forgotten that there "private" messages are referred to as DM's / direct messages.

I think they are referred to as Direct Messages on twitter and slack too.

Maybe that's useful info.

Maria