locked Re: search within message view returns threads #bug?

Hi Shal,

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

Actually, I think that would be less confusing. That is, I don't think it is duplicative to show the Subject match (once) and each of the body matches (even when those bodies are part of the same thread as the subject match).

Also, I would group all Subject matches ahead of body matches, with the relevance or date sort applied within each group. Maybe that should be an option, but I find it odd to have them intermingled even when the bold face (in test version) tells me where the match is.

And (again) when the user clicks on "Date" please don't flip the date sort order unless Date was already the selected order. I find it jarring when I'm in relevance order and I click on Date (newest first) to have it flop to oldest first.

Ok, I've made these changes in search:

- Thread matches are always included, even if there's also a message match.
- Thread matches are always grouped at the top, before message matches, regardless of search ordering.
- When toggling between Relevance and Date, it should now remember your last date sort and display that.

Thanks,
MarkĀ