locked Re: Missing the HTML/Markdown/Plain control in New Topic and Reply #bug

Mark,

Missing on purpose, in my goal to simplify things a bit.
I suspected that might be the case.

Do you find yourself switching post types often?
"Often" is kind of dubious, since the vast majority of my replies & posts are by Email. But yes, when posting via the web I do commonly switch formats to use HTML in a reply.

Another option is to put that toggle under a button in the formatting toolbar (aka, "the ever expanding toolbar").

I've suggested recently that the "Insert Quote" and "Add Attachment" buttons move to the toolbar even for Plain Text and Markdown modes (and a toolbar be present in those modes, consequently). So this seems a natural relocation.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum