locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 10:09 am, HR Tech wrote:
That's easy to solve: you make PM's opt in.

 Actually, I'd make the PM default something that the group owner sets as part of setting up the group.

While I understand Duane's position, and actually share it for the most part, when it comes to being able to be private messaged the majority of setups are that it is on by default and off if the user turns it off.  This is another of those situations where I think that the most common presumption takes precedence over personal likes/dislikes so long as the user has ultimate control.  I know a lot of people who'd be really PO-ed if they found out that others were unable to PM them by default unless that had somehow been made very, very clear at the time of signing up or been a forced choice setting as part of signing up.

Here's a screen shot from another forum I use regularly of the detailed options for private messaging and what they call visitor messaging, which is a bit like a message wall:

--
Brian