locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups

Full confession: I didn't read through Shal's entire proposal, and I didn't read this entire mockup, because I see right away that the user - again, as now - must first click on "reply" before making their choice of addressee/recipient.

Second, but somewhat less importantly, I disagree with this:

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 04:58 am, HR Tech wrote:

think that it would be sufficient to have some explanatory text under saying that your reply will go from "your email @ domain" to the sender/author

There is no need to state "will go from your email bla bla" - that's always clear. What is NOT clear is whom the message is going TO. There is currently a problem with people not understanding whom they are sending their message to when they click "reply to sender" or "send to sender" (or whatever language is used, regular or test version). They often think they're sending their message to the originator of the thread rather than to the person whose message they happened to click "reply" on.

This proposal/scenario/mockup/whatever gives us some nice screenshots, but for what? It sidesteps the whole idea of a PM function and (more importantly) the problem that the user must click "reply" before picking their destination. I don't see any real difference. It's the same scenario as we have now.

My opinion.

It's dumb to buy smart water.