locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups AND quoted messages #bug

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 04:52 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
In particular Groups.io supports groups in which the default reply is direct to the other member, and not to the group.

On those groups the "Reply" link or button itself should be substituted with "Private Message to Sender."  The option for "Reply to group" could be a part of a the hidden "more actions" hierarchy, in that case.

I can't imagine the purpose of a group where the default amounts to private e-mailing from person to person with minimal sharing with the group.  It defeats the whole idea of an online group.  This would be so simply "implemented" by having the good, old-fashioned "PM by clicking on profile link" method.  Clearly, however, others differ.

Whether I use it or not, the whole concept is "overcomplicated" as it recreates something that can be easily achieved on any and every "conventional" forum I participate in if a person knows how to copy and paste.

--
Brian