locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups AND quoted messages #bug

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 04:52 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
Brian may correct me, but I don't think a forum PM generally produces an email message carrying the replyer's email address. Send to Sender does - it really is an offlist message with far more in common with a group message than with a "PM" in the forum sense.

 I've seen, and experienced, it implemented with and without the sender's (as in the message sender's - not the original poster's) e-mail address.  I've seen that in both within-site PM system, hybrids where an e-mail notification is sent about a PM having come in, and where the PM itself is sent by e-mail.

Actually, the most antiquated venue I participate on has a hybrid system where the PMs are both in-site and sent to you via e-mail, including the address of the person who PM-ed you, and that e-mail message also duplicates the private message content.  I've never understood the point of the actual message content being conveyed in two separate venues, neither of which is public.
--
Brian