locked Re: How does one follow a topic or hashtag?

Duane

Like Brenda, I prefer to use the web site and go to each group to see the archives.  I think she may be confused about the reference to the Inbox though.  Mark was referring to "the 'Inbox' view on the Groups.io website" which you see at https://groups.io/ once you're signed in.  I've started using it to see where there's been any activity, but still go to each group to read the posts.

I was baffled by the references to following and muting until I realized that I probably won't see any of that since I have most of my subscriptions set to NoEmail and the other 2 are set to All Email.  I did that so I wouldn't be "wasting" bandwidth to receive messages, especially those that contain little new information in replies, but a mile long original thread.  Even these days, there are some of us that have slow and/or limited access to the internet.  One of the benefits of living in the boonies outside a small town. ;>)