locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups

Maria

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 10:57 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
As far as I am concerned, a private reply should include nothing and the person composing same should make the subject whatever they want and do any cut and paste from the original post text manually.

I have the opposite take, which I think I mentioned the last time we discussed this. When I receive private replies, I find it extremely helpful to know which thread they "come from" and for the subject line to match the subject of the thread. I can see in the from field if it's from the group or an individual replying privately.

Since I often post summaries of offline replies to our groups, having all the offline replies have the same subject helps me when I do this because they are so easy to find in my inbox.

Also important to me is that when i get a private reply from a member of a group who never replies to group or posts to group, I recognize the email as being from my participation in the group and I'm not surprised and wondering "who is this?" "Where did they get my email?"

Separately, and unrelated, we have one subgroup set up that only allows private replies because group replies don't work there. It's great that this platform has this option to have both options or only one.

Maria