locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 09:28 am, David P. Dillard wrote:
However, he may want to include a text based version of the same reply method as well as the color coding as the use of color for system commands is not ADA compliant as visually impaired, color blind and blind users cannot interpret the colors, making their use in such a context a violation of the ADA (Americans with Disabiliies Act).

 I just want to hasten to add that Mark has definitely been sensitive to accessibility issues (not that I'm implying that you're saying he's not been).

I have simply presumed that what is generated is generated in such a way that screen readers will announce things correctly and, under the web interface and using the latest version of NVDA the "Reply to Group", "Reply to Sender," and "Discard" buttons are all announced correctly.

I think I may have just found a bug with the web interface but I don't know if it's an NVDA bug or a Groups.io web coding bug, or something else.  What follows will only be meaningful to someone who is familiar with screen readers and, specifically, NVDA terminology regarding modes a user can be in with regard to a webpage.  Right now I'm in browse mode, but everything is behaving just like I'm in focus mode as far as letting me type in this box.  However, if I try to use the 'b' command to jump to the buttons while in browse mode it obviously does not work because I'm still being allowed to type in this compose box when in browse mode so the letter 'b', when typed, is not taken as a command.  I've tried toggling between browse and focus modes to see if that would make me able to use the usual single letter navigation to get to the three previously mentioned buttons, but no dice.