locked Re: Preventing Reply to Group/Sender mixups

David P. Dillard

Brian, this is the clearest wording I have seen

""Private Msg to Sender Only""

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@...

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 07:13 am, HR Tech wrote:

I wanted to share that because for those of us who are seasoned group users so much feels intuitive. Whereas this person was saying that it should say "Private message" or something else in order for him to "get" that it would generate on offline comment. I would never have thought of that. Maybe it's relevant - maybe it's not... but worth sharing.

 We were typing at the same time, and with no coordination between us, and the phrase "private message" showed up because, other than on Groups.io, there is not a single forum on which I participate that this is not the terminology used when an off-list reply, only to the sender, is being made.

It actually might be a good idea to change the wording on the "Reply to Sender" button to "Private Msg to Sender Only" or similar.  The fact that it goes via e-mail rather than a true PM system is irrelevant, at least to me.

Brian

.

.