locked Re: Glitch?

On 19 January 2015 at 18:30, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Edited messages now have [Edited Message Follows] prepended to the top of the message. This does not appear in the archives, just in emailed messages.

KnyttWytch, there was a bug that could have caused your edit to disappear. It's been fixed and I apologize for the problem.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Knytt Wytch <dragonsteeluk@...> wrote:
Hmm I just tried to edit a message and I thought it had taken, but when you look at the message it is just the same

On 18 January 2015 at 23:10, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:
Dano,

> That's because I edited the reply to add a word. I like how
> edited messages show up in message view, but for some, it might be
> confusing to get a second message only a minute later.

Oh, good point.

I agree with you and Judy: the re-send of an edited message definitely needs some kind of marker. Maybe a subject-line tag like [edit] adjacent to the group tag. Maybe a note at the top of the message body, something like:

[Edited message follows.]

-- Shal