locked Re: Delivery Options

Frances,

So something to set the Daily Digest apart would solve the problem.
That's why my proposal groups the Email Delivery (individual, digest, special, or none) as a separate section from the Message Selection (all or followed).

Right now there is a default set for new members - All mail.

And frankly, I guess I don't understand the need for templates.
One of the things that had been requested, by moderators of particularly busy groups, was an ability to make members' initial setting be Digest rather than Individual - because new members to their groups were being overwhelmed and would immediately unsubscribe.

The template for new members would allow a group's managers to set whatever defaults make the most sense for new members joining the group, both for Email Delivery (and Message Selection) as well as for moderation of their posts.

-- Shal