locked Re: RSVP feature #suggestion

Steve Weinberg

Group members don't need an account at Doodle to respond to a request that they indicate the best times for them to participate in an event.

Only the person coordinating the "Doodle" needs the account

Same for Freeconference, Googledocs, etc

Steve
-----

Sent from Steve's iPhone

On Jan 18, 2015, at 11:01 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 10:08 PM, Steve Weinberg <steve.weinberg@...> wrote:
Sure!

Groups.io could have a program like Doodle attached for determining best times for meetings or calls

Ot it could just be great listserv software.  And leave all the rest for those exiting applications that are NOT also great listserv software

First, I appreciate any suggestions made on the beta list. Please keep them coming.

I totally get the keep it just a listserv. I think I've demonstrated, with the Integrations, that I don't want to rebuild the entire world. But I think there are some things that should be built in.

Unfortunately, there is no generally accepted "groups api" that we could use to interface with other services that involve groups.  It would be great if we could set something up with Doodle, so that any events scheduled there were automatically restricted to the people in your group here, and your members wouldn't have to create an account at Doodle. I hope at one point to create such an API so that we can interface with other services.

My first priority is for Groups.io to be a kick-ass list server.