locked Re: images in wiki pages?

Green Fizzpops

Thank you Shal :) That is very helpful.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Green,

> Is it possible to insert images into a wiki page if the image file is
> already in your groups's Photos or Files?

If the page is HTML formatted I found that I could by switching to code view and manually constructing the img tag. But that's rather too hackish, starting with the fact that I had to guess at the URL for the src parameter (hint: use the URL of the Download button). You're welcome to join shalstest@ if you want to take a look at how I did it.

Also, that technique probably fails if the Wiki is publicly visible - the Photos cannot be made publicly visible.

A "Picture" button, equivalent to the one available in message composition, is clearly needed in the Wiki editor. If it can be flexible about the image source (upload in place, reference to Photos, external reference) that would be a big win.

A syntax for doing the same in a Markdown formatted page would also be desirable.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum