locked Re: Editing a post resulting in duplicate messages to e-mail subscribers

Anita Crafton

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 08:53 am, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I have yet to see an instance where there's much of any "reaction in real time" from e-mail list exchanges.  It comes close at times, but it's not like some of the almost "chat-like" back and forth you sometimes see if two web forum posters happen to be online at the same time exchanging ideas.

I realize I'm coming in on this a bit late, but I would like to weigh in on the topic. If this would only apply to messages generated from the Groups web interface, I would not object to a small delay (5 minutes). I belong to an organization that uses Groups for real-time meetings, and the delay in postings is what has driven us away from Yahoo Groups.

Just an opinion from another perfectionist: I may have to give up my membership in the Perfectionist Club. I am not convinced any delay is a good idea.

Anita C.