locked Re: Taglines

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On a somewhat related item, what's the difference between Full Name and User Name?  When is each used and where/when do they show up?

Full Name is supposed to be your full name (or what you consider your full name).. User Name is a short, no spaces, username, like a twitter username. Usernames are unique in the system, full names are not. If you do not have a username set, your profile is private (the public profile URL is https://groups.io/profile/username). I originally had it in the archives so that if we see a @username in a message, that would get linked to the profile of the person, although I just checked and it appears to not be working at the moment.