locked Re: HTML safety in posted messages

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

I'm not sure what all the ramifications might be, but would it make sense for the email message bodies passed through also be "sanitized" - stripped of potentially harmful tags - just as the archive copy is?

That could provide a higher degree of confidence for members of Groups.io groups.

That's an interesting thought but I'm not sure it would improve anything. At this point, I've got to believe that most(all?) modern email clients have been hardened against these kinds of attacks.