locked Re: Special messages

On 1/15/2015 6:24 PM, Marlin47@... wrote:

I don't think it is any of the group owner's business how the member has
his setting set.
In case it hasn't been clear - I agree with this. What a person sets
their *own* options to is their business.

It becomes my business under two situations:

1) The listserver sets the person to nomail due to bounces and the
person complains that they are not getting mail (Yahoo and MailMan
do this - if the person complains about not getting mail, then I'd
need to test it. Infinitely preferable to LSoft's automatic
removal, however).

2) The person complains that they are not getting mail - and I need
to explain that they won't if set to nomail. Or the opposite - they
are getting too much email and I need to know they are *not* set to
nomail.

Otherwise - I am a member of a lot of ygroups, and at this moment am
on special notices for all except the ones I moderate/own. Most of
them are related to cat diseases - and I no longer have a cat with
that disease (knock wood), but if it comes back, I want to have
immediate access to the group to refresh my memory...

dg