locked How does one follow a topic or hashtag?

Hmm...

I'm feeling a little dense, like I'm missing something obvious.

Say I join a group and set my Subscription to "First Message Only.
"The first message of every thread is emailed to you, along with all
messages from threads you start. You can decide to receive additional
messages from threads you're interested in.

Ok, so I go browse the Archives and spot a few topics I'm interested in. I don't see a Follow button anywhere. How do I follow them?

I go browse the #HashTags and spot a few of those I'm interested in. How do I follow them?

And what about the "Replies Only" and "No Email" delivery options. Do they preclude me from following topics or #HashTags of interest?

-- Shal